Public Service Announcement
Angel’s Haven’s Day Care – First Annual Help For Homeless Friends Fundraiser
2121 Ferndale Road
Oak Bluff, Manitoba
Saturday, 14 June 2008
The party starts at 1:00 pm, BBQ at 3:00 pm with music starting at 8:00 pm.
There will also be a Chinese Auction with many incredible prizes! There are several amazing baskets, a signed and framed Robert Bateman print, At The Cliff, and an outdoor fire pit up for grabs.
The cost is $12.00 per person and the ticket includes a BBQ combo, hotdog, hamburger, chips and drink. The door prize included with your ticket is a BBQ package, including the grill.
Make a note on your calendar and spend the day having fun with your best friend while helping others.
Events include a dog party featuring tons of fun events for pets and their people alike. Prizes will be awarded for the top three contestants in each event. Contests include “Snoopy Says,” a canine version of “Simon Says,” musical hoops (canine version of musical chairs), hot dog dunk, water relay, pet talent and pet owner lookalike contest.
Later on, stay for the great sounds from local bands, The Merry Men, The English Moccassins, Petunia Road, and Front Page Dynamite. After the sound system shuts down, feel free to stay and join us for some campfire fun which will surely include some great acoustical-style jams.
If you would like more information or want to be a sponsor – Contact Jennifer Lysak at (204) 793-5939 for more information or check out their Facebook page.
About Angel’s Haven
From the About Page:
Angel’s Haven has been owned and operated by Jennifer Lysak, a Registered Animal Health Technologist and Certified Veterinary Assistant, for the past ten years. We are situated on an acreage just south of Winnipeg, near Oak Bluff, Manitoba.
We offer quality, fun and loving care for your best friend when you can’t be there, or when your friend just needs a day play. Our guests are kept in a home environment where they live and sleep with us. We do not kennel nor are we separated from our guests at night.
We also operate a rescue shelter where we take in abused, homeless and relinquished dogs and cats. We do have several dogs and cats ready for adoption. Please check out our Rescue page–perhaps you will find your new best friend.
In addition our Services, we also strive to reduce the senseless killing of homeless animals simply due to overpopulation. We believe that prevention is the single most important weapon we have in fighting animal overpopulation. Our goals are to save as many lives as possible while educating the public on four key issues:
* The effects of allowing intact pets to roam free, allowing pets to have “just one litter” as well as medical implications of leaving a pet intact.
* The realities about buying pets from pet stores, unqualified breeders, puppy-mills, and in return, murdering other loving and healthy pets that have become homeless through no fault of their own.
* The fundamentals about the feral cat populations and the effect trap-neuter-release (TNR) programs have on both disease and overpopulation prevention.
* Places to go for help in order to ensure we are preventing the problem, and reputable places to purchase a healthy dog or cat while not supporting puppy mills or like operations.
Aside from public education, Angel’s Haven:
* Cares for, rehabilitates, and re-homes abused, homeless, or simply misunderstood pets into the right environment.
* Provides assistance to the public in setting up TNR programs in problem neighborhoods.
* Assists other shelters in caring for, helping to re-home, and offering support in other rescues’ fundraising efforts. Angel’s Haven strongly believes that anyone running a rescue or is involved in efforts to save lives, are fighting this together and are deserving of each other’s assistance and support.
Our hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Saturday 2:30 -6:00 pm. We are closed Sunday. We do understand situations may arise that you require emergency care for your pets, ie death or illness in the family or unexpected work trips. Since we provide the home away from home for your kids, we will do everything in our power to accommodate you during these times. The situation may be stressful enough and as we truly care for your best friends, we want them to be happy in your absence. We only ask that you contact us after hours for true emergencies only please!
If your pet related organization or shelter is having a fundraiser event this summer … send me your public service announcement and I’ll post it here in [The Blog] … // HART
Leave a Reply