Pets make great companions, and they can teach you about how to enjoy life. If you are the adventurous type who spends your free time camping or hiking, a dog will rough it out with you. A dog can also enhance a family by acting as a trusty playmate for your children. There are also other endearing qualities about dogs, which make them desirable animals for adoption.
- Dogs are dependent. If you life alone or have older children, a dog can make you feel needed.
- Dogs are energetic. After a long, hard day at work, you can be greeted at your door with hugs and wet kisses. You can also relieve stress by taking your dog for a walk and playing fetch.
- Dogs are caring. When you are feeling sick, lonely or sad, your dog knows that kisses and cuddles will make you feel better.
- Dogs are good listeners. You can tell them all of your secrets and problems, especially when you find yourself confused or busting at the seams from holding in your deepest, darkest secrets.
- Dogs are easy to take care of. All you have to do is provide your pet with food, water, toys and treats. Although dogs require exercising, you can workout together. If you have children, you can teach them about responsibility by having them wash the dog at least twice a month.
- Dogs are easy to please. Occasional brushing, rubbing and scratching are all that are necessary in order to receive affection in return.
- Dogs are appreciative. Give them a treat, and you have won their affection for the rest of the night.
- Dogs are loyal. Through breakups and divorces, your dog will stay by your side.
- Dogs are motivators. When you don’t feel like getting out of bed, your dog will make sure you don’t miss out on the beautiful day.
- Dogs are protectors. While you sleep at night, your dog will be on guard.
When you adopt a dog, you gain a loyal companion. You might even find that you become a more active individual, which can help improve your health and bring fun back into your life.