Whether you are young or old, single or married, pets can bring joy and compassion to your life. So if you are starting out on your own or managing a family, a cat can be a trusty companion that can bring a smile to your face when times are rough. Below are ten more reasons why adopting a cat can change your life for the better.
- Cats are independent creatures. If you are a workaholic or if you don’t have the time or energy to walk your pet, a cat might be more appropriate for your lifestyle.
- Cats are energetic. When you have had a long day at work, you can take your mind off of your job by playing with your pet. Cats enjoy string, hide and go seek and fetching toys (except they usually don’t bring the toy back).
- Cats are caring. Pets have an innate ability to know when their owners are feeling down and sometimes all it takes is a cuddle to put the spring back into your step.
- Cats are good listeners. You can tell all of your secrets and problems to your cat, especially when you find yourself confused or busting at the seams from holding in your deepest darkest secrets.
- Cats are easy to take care of. All you have to do is provide your pet with food, water, toys and treats.
- Cats are easy to please. Occasional brushing, rubbing and scratching are all that are necessary in order to receive affection in return.
- Cats are appreciative. Give them a treat, and you have won their affection for the rest of the night.
- Cats are comedians. They peek through window blinds, paw at your feet and roll all over the floor.
- Cats are clean. They clean their fur on a daily basis, especially between meals.
- Cats are curious. If you host parties at your home, you can always count on having a date for the night.
There are an infinite amount of reasons to adopt a cat, because when you adopt one you will wonder how you ever survived living without one. The unconditional love and acceptance they give is an amazing gift.