Mushrooms Poisoning Pets

Mushrooms Poisoning Pets

Mushrooms Poisoning Pets
Posted on June 16, 2005 (PST)

Our wet weather and the mushrooms it’s spawning prompt a warning from the Humane Society of Central Oregon. The animal welfare agency says those mushrooms can poison your dog or cat. Veterinary clinics in Bend, LaPine, Redmond, Sisters and Terrebonne have all reported an increased number of mushroom toxicity cases. Officials recommend you remove any mushrooms that come up in your yard immediately. If you see your pet eat one, bring it and a piece of the mushroom to the vet.

From News/Talk
Radio 1110 KBND
Bend, OR

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Please follow and like us:
Visit Us
Follow Me
Follow by Email

Follow hart:
I am the PetLvr or Admin guy here but you can call me HART.

  1. L.W.
    | Reply

    I lost my beloved dog last month. The vet said she ate a mushroom and within 2 days she was gone. My back yard has lots of mushrooms and I make sure I try to get rid of them now. Personally I never knew that dogs would eat them. I blame myself for not having the knowledge because I could have saved her had I known this before. Now all I can do is help educate people and get the word out that if you have mushrooms growing in your yard and you have pets please get them out of the yard. Thanks for hearing my story and if this can save a pets life then my Brownie would be happy. L.W.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *