My blogging world started back in May 2005 with the Pet related blogs .. when I discovered over Christmas holidays in 2004 that my dog website outperformed my business website tenfold in visitors. This was the actual site that I am talking about (PapillonLvr) and I’ve had many sites! I have been online since March 1995 and with my own sites since November 1995 and e-commerce and eBay stores since 2001.
But, with a basement full of products, I was leaning towards the concept of non-products .. like ads on the sidebar of websites, and started to take notice of the blogging world. This would be my path now, although my basement is still full of products. I call it collectibles !! although my wife calls it something else – now that the HOARDERS show is on a gazillion times each day 🙁 but that’s another story
I created a blog http://PetLvr.Blogspot.com on May 31, 2005 and moved to wordpress self-hosted and with my own domains July 8, 2005.
And, now it is 2010 and five years later! I couldn’t have done it without all of you – so, here’s my shoutout to all of you!
Thank-You PetLvr Friends and Readers For Your Past Support over the Years!
If you have any suggestions or possible directions or interesting posts you want to bring my attention .. give me a shout!
If you are a pet related organization – especially PET RESCUE, ANIMAL SHELTER, or HUMANE SOCIETY – and wish me to post your upcoming events – give me a shout! Ditto if you are not on our Pet Rescue page yet.
Total Posts in Five Years: 3,740
There are lots of great posts in our Archives but if you are specifically searching for something of interest to you .. I will suggest that you try the above toolbar that appears when you scroll down the page. The search features posts on this blog, and around the ‘net and should help you in the search for information plus, you won’t even have to leave the page or open a new tab!
One day I will try to better organize these posts! I actually tried once, back in June 2005 (the first 30 days I was categorizing all my posts by topic) but then wordpress in July 2005 made me lazy with its category function and archiving plugins that were available, and soon part of wordpress itself. (I started wordpress on version 1.5)
Follow HART (aka PetLvr) and the PetLvr Blog for Pet Lovers
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed and receive new posts in your favorite RSS reader
* Subscribe to our newsletter and receive a summary every Monday about the posts published during the following week, plus news and updates from HART (me) that will not appear on the blog
* Follow me on Twitter @PetLvr where all my posts automatically get tweeted to .. plus this is my main twitter account that I chat and interact with all my friends. If I see a cool site, I will also tweet it and often, will retweet other great sites and links! If other tweeters retweet any of my posts on this blog or any other blog of mine, I will give them a special shout out either on a #FridayFollow post or other means. Currently, I do not read DM’s (direct messages) but do read every public tweet that has @PetLvr in the message. If I am online at the time I will respond immediately.
* LIKE our PetLvr Facebook Fan Page – I hope to develop a sense of community by the fall of 2010 over there. All new posts from every pet related blog that I have will end up on this facebook page, but I haven’t yet figured out a way to get notification when readers and followers communicate with me on that page and tend to forget to check for new comments and such. I will get this under control by the end of summer 😀
* Google Buzz if you are one follow me! I’m in my gmail all day long and you can’t bloody miss the new and unread Buzz posts in the left sidebar! All my chats and insights and buzz stuff goes directly to my Facebook Profile page and my @PetLvr twitter account simultaneously.
* Everywhere Else – I am probably either PETLVR … 1800HART … HART … or PAPILLONLVR … feel free to add me as a friend. My general philosophy is not to seek out friends, but befriend everybody who wants me to be their friend. ADD ME – and I will follow back. This includes the forums, twitter, and such.
* And speaking of Pet Care Supplies .. our store has many of the popular pet related (affiliate) products from a wide variety of vendors rounded up into one central location .. If you haven’t noticed it yet .. all the different categories can be explored in the right inner sidebar.
Some Gratuitous YouTube Videos
Here’s one of Maxxie at our Medieval Wedding back on August 31, 2002 … what a cutie! And, so is Maxxie 😀
Here’s a new video I just uploaded recently .. one of Maxxie and Sophie at the cottage on August 22, 2009 – 7 years later .. Maxxie’s still a cutie! Kindly please ignore the PetLvr-BabyDog-Talk (as I call it) – I’ve been talking to my dogs everyday being alone and working out of my home since March 2003. Sadly .. I sometimes forget and talk to people that way too!