The Animal Awareness Organization posts …
If a living sentient being (human or non-human animal) is forced into slavery, food production, entertainment, medical research, product testing, fighting, racing, or if that being is used for indulgent items such as fur, or being killed in the name of predator control or wildlife control, chances are that living sentient being is abused.
… Neglect is not easily defined because it can take different forms from blatant cruelty to subtle unintentional indifference. Or can even be ignoring someone else’s cruel acts. Once we are aware of abuse to any living being, it is our moral duty to speak up, even if it’s done anonymously.
Pet-Abuse.com provides a graph to illustrate the most common animals based on the cruelty type you select. The statistics represented in their graph reflect animals connected to particular crime types, and in some cases the animal was not a victim of that particular cruelty type. The information is
Types of Animal Abuse
* Burning – Caustic Substance
* Burning – Fire or Fireworks
* Choking / Strangulation / Suffocation
* Kicking / Stomping
* Mutilation / Torture
* Neglect / Abandonment
* Unlawful Trade / Smuggling
* Unlawful Trapping / Hunting
Most Common Animals in Cases by Pet-Abuse.com
9.27.2007 Entries Posted So Far
* Blogging For A Cause Looking For Amazing Stories How You Saved One Animal’s Life
* Still Looking for Amazing Stories How You Saved One Animal’s Life
* How We Rescued Zeus The Cat
* Countdown 2 Days Remaining – Call For Help continued
* Buy Amazon Products Here At My Store Because I’m Donating All My Proceeds To Charity
* Greetings! Today I am Blogging To Help Bring Awareness To Animal Cruelty And Pet Abuse
* Join The Global Initiative To End Animal Cruelty – Sign The Petition
* My Efforts to Stop Animal Cruelty and Pet Abuse – Is It Enough?
* My New Little Sweet Rescue Pup – Bella
* WHS Ad – September 27, 2007 – Please Adopt Me!