This video features Kricket and Tobias demonstrating the basics of rattie training! If the text in this video goes by too fast for you, please pause it so that you may read it all! Also, here are a few tips that got left out due to timing constraints:
– Your pets should NEVER be “punished” for getting something wrong. If your rat goofs up, simply withold his reward and re-train him until he gets it right.
– You do not need to call your rat’s name every time once you have his attention.
– After your rat has become an expert with a certain trick, he should be willing to perform it for praise only. However, you should still give him a reward occasionally to keep him motivated.
– Try not to set your rat up for failure. For example, if you know that he is distracted, do not attempt to give him any commands.
– Keep training sessions short, but feel free to give each rat a few lessons each day.
To learn more, please watch “Introduction to Rattie Training: Part Two” here: http://youtu.be/aadXsxMGtWE :)
DISCLAIMER: I am not, and do not claim to be, a professional trainer of any kind. I do, however, have more than a decade of animal training experience using positive reinforcement. I am confident that my training methods will be effective with any pet; however, because each animal is a unique individual, I cannot guarantee that you will have the same results as I’ve had. I also will NOT be held responsible for any injuries that may occur as a result of attempting anything described in these videos without taking the necessary precautions.
Thank you! :)