(HAMSTER CAGE TOO SMALL! SEE LINK BELOW FOR LARGER UPDATED CAGE ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z18DoqyoxNo
Learn helpful advice on how to care for your loving adorable pet hamster! My hamster, Titus, is a 3 month old baby Syrian Golden Hamster.
Hamsters require minimal maintenance and maximum enjoyment and cuteness! Below is just a simple list for hamster owners:
– Hamsters should be held and played with daily!
– All together, a hamster shouldn’t cost much! The hamster itself was $10, the cage was $50, I buy new food once every 4 months ($10), padding once every 6 months ($20), the ball costs $15 dollars, and everything else doesn’t cost more than 5 dollars.
– Change the hamster’s cage and padding at least once a week. This shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes. Wash their entire cage, all their toys, wheel, igloo, food and water containers. You can put your hamster in his ball while you change his cage.
– Never let your hamster roam around unattended, they are infamous convicts for escaping and crawling into unreachable areas.
– Don’t let two Syrian Hamsters coexist, or they will fight. Also, be mindful that these poor pets are towards the bottom of the food chain and may be easily preyed off by swooping hawks outdoors, household cats, or other aggressive animals.
– Try not to wake your hamster when he is sleeping (during the daytime) as this will increase their levels of stress. For new baby hamsters, resist the first week from touching them or altering their environment as this will easily stress them and destroy their immune system.
– If you are going away for a few days, its okay to leave your hamster alone as long as he has plenty of food and water (and new bedding!) Get your hamster a baby sitter if you’re going to be away for more than 3 days.
– leave questions in the comments section and ill be sure to get back to u! thanks 🙂
** This was my hamster’s first cage, i expanded it to be a larger cage as he grew bigger! please check this video out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z18DoqyoxNo
and check out this video
if you have any questions, comment below and ill try to get back! thanks for watching