Posted by on Jul 16, 2014 in Pet Training Videos | 14 comments

How to Train a Horse Not to Kick

Training a horse not to kick is done by spending time near the horse, grooming the horse, handling his legs and making him comfortable with human contact. Se…

14 Responses to “How to Train a Horse Not to Kick”

1. Chloe Palor says:

My pony bluebell doesn’t kick anybody but kicks her door and has broke it
    on numerous occasions. Is there anything I can do for that?

2. Dandyizbeast says:

my horse Dandy is 4 and he kicks when he is nervous. he hasn’t kicked any
    one since last November. Do you have any tips on training a horse? We have
    tried picking out his hooves but he drops down to his knees! it doesn’t
    hurt him but i always check his legs for lameness. He is also afraid of
    sudden bursts of water such as fly spray, water hoses, etc. i am going to
    train him to jump but he rears and yanks the rope out of my handss when he
    wants his way!

3. TheBeautyPub says:

not the cutest hose. A little shabby but could be a great western/english
    horse with a little grooming! :)

4. JessicaLynnGardner says:

I have a question. LOL I have a 3 yr old that I just got. She was started
    lightly last year in a round pen. I dont know what all she had done but
    they only rode her in a halter. I have taken her on trail rides, hill
    rides, and arena work. NO problem. But when I lounge her on the ground she
    is a nightmare. She is fine at a walk but if I ask her for a trot she will
    swing that butt at me or just kick out as hard as she can. There is no
    warning expcept for the fact I now expect it.

5. shiiuza says:

I love how happy this horse is! :)

6. pythongal101 says:

omg i want that horse.

7. JessicaLynnGardner says:

She will kick out so suddenly she will fall over. I can groom, rub, and
    touch her anywhere and she is fine. Easy to catch, not scared, she just
    needs respect when I am on the ground. I can push her to a walk trot canter
    while riding her with nothing. I am teaching her to disingage (SP) her hip
    when on the ground. What else can I do with her? Thanks!

8. herefordmsv says:

Lovely horse and great to see the interaction and trust

9. MsHorselover8 says:

Rick gore!!!

10. Kimberly Keith says:

i have a rescue horse that her old owner had broken her left front leg and
    just left it 2 heal… ive been trying to get her used to having her legs
    be touched but she will still kick at you if you try to touch her legs any
    ideas how i can get her not to kick?

11. Koda Johnson says:

ok this was a VERY good video becust my horse treasure tryed to kick me
    when i get nere her hind feet!! ok now wat about kicking when under saddle??

12. Dandyizbeast says:

@Dandyizbeast oh yeah, and Dandy tries to cow kick me when he is being
    groomed!!! So frustrating!!!

13. Annie andPuzzle says:

that horse is so cute :)

14. mishluvhope says:

Nawww is that Buddy? (The horse)