Posted by on Aug 23, 2013 in Pet Training Videos | 19 comments

How to Train Your Horse to Lunge : Where to Stand While Free Lunging a Horse

Watch as a seasoned horseback rider demonstrates where to stand while free lunging your horse in this free online video about horseback riding. Expert: Kelli…

19 Responses to “How to Train Your Horse to Lunge : Where to Stand While Free Lunging a Horse”

1. 5051nelly1 says:

kelly I would love to take you on a date sometime.

2. hoppy2775 says:

right at the beginning kelly says it is her opinion if its not yours dont watch!

3. hoppy2775 says:

4. pponiegirl says:

but standing in front of something normally makes it stop

5. timewillprove says:

I’m not really a horsey person, but i love how this horse actually watches and listens to everything this lady does and says, i never thought i’d say that horses are cute really.

6. SleazyKitten says:

I bet this girl eats horses instead of riding them.

7. SleazyKitten says:

I was always taught and it makes more sence that you go towards their hindwaurters to push them forward and you go towards their shoulder to stop.think about where does the power come from?

8. SassyMustang1980 says:

pft…
    I have better lunging videos.. check out my channel.. I do problem horse training, you stand towards the shoulder and a aggressive troubled horse will turn towards you and strike or turn its butt and kick..
    check me out and let me know what you think
    sassymustang1980..

i’m have more videos coming, just waiting for the snow to dry.. i have small series of lunging for respect. on and off the lunge

9. Liive2Riide says:

I agree with MsCowgirl12

10. horsyhugger24J says:

lol so true :D

11. pponiegirl says:

actually they’re right, your wrong maybe your just trained wrong, if you go to their hindquartes they’re supposed to stop, and to turn around your supposed to be ahead of them soo i dont know what to tell you

12. MsCowgirl12 says:

ur sapose to stand next to the hindquarters because if you get near the shoulders thay will like turn arouns i have been riding for 12 years and i do that all the time ur wrong sorry :)

13. horseloverfoeva95 says:

is it different positioning to free lunge then to lunge with a rope? to my knowledge your supposed to stand kinda by their hindquarters.

14. susanjen says:

Um, no, you aim your body core at the hindquarters, not the shoulder. Obviously this girl is clueless and has never watched horses pushing each other around.

15. animallove233 says:

nice video

16. horsesr2cool says:

Notice how kelly always talkes but never does

17. merjemizkool says:

colby loves you

18. tallyfolly says:

perhaps Fjord should shut up, but Kelly should too. she is useless and can be dangerous for those who know little of horses. these video really are crap.

19. FjordLovar says:

Yet again another crap video of Kelly and her horse!