UPDATE: @May 20, 2008 – The application process is now closed. Thank-you everybody who applied ……// HART
PetLvr.com – [The Blog] is looking to hire a multitude of freelance writers and bloggers to cover the following generalized pet related topical areas:
(1) Pets In The News & Pet Agility Shows
* covering pet related public events and showings, including dog agility shows, best in shows, pet costume shows, dancing pets, pets that are in the news, celebrity pets, and the like. This would not be restricted to dogs, but include cat events, horse events, ferret events, and all other animals and types of pets that pet owners actually get together to celebrate their pets.
(2) Training, Socialization, Tips & Techniques
* covering pet training tips and techniques, suggestions that help socialize our pets with other pets and humans, new technology and existing products that help train our pets, review and opinions of these products or techniques, working dogs and specialized training tips, pet food and treats used for training, and the like. This would not be restricted to dogs, but include the training and socialization of cats, horses, ferrets, guinea pigs, rabbits, turtles and all types of pets that pet owners around the world may have.
(3) Pet Health Related Information
* covering pet related health topics, such as seasonal diseases, breed specific diseases, symptoms, prevention, treatments and diffferent products that may be available or recommended, pet insurance topics, review of veterinarian tools, news, food recalls and other pet food related issues, and the like. The would not be restricted to dogs but cover all animals and types of pets.
(4) Breeder, Groomer & Breed Specifics
* Covering generalized breeding and grooming tips on http://PetLvr.com/blog/, including generalized breed information (e.g. about ‘Terriers’). Also, specific and individualized breed information posts for a specific breed (one at a time) on the sister sites http://DogLvr.com (e.g. about ‘Fox Terriers’) http://CatLvr.com http://BirdLvr.com http://HorseLvr.com and http://FishLvr.com
If selected, the applicant(s) will have access to the PetLvr blog and write drafts for review and submission. HART may request further clarification or modifications, but after that .. HART will publish the writers’ posts on the PetLvr blog (or related sister “LVR” series of blogs). For every post selected, and published:
* If over 1,000 words – $15.00 per post
* If between 500-999 words – $10.00 per post
* If between 300-499 words – $5.00 per post
* If 299 words or less – and your post is selected, the post will be designated as a “Guest Authored” post, and you will be allowed to place a ‘resourceful-type’ link and description at the bottom of the post to refer readers to your own blog or website (no affiliated links) and there will be no remuneration fee paid.
You must have a valid paypal account and amounts are listed in US Dollars. Payments will be made between the 10th and 20th of the following month.
Separation From The Topics
I am only interested in covering pet related topics listed above at this time. A person may be an expert in one generalized area listed above (e.g. vet assistant, professional trainer, breeder, etc) or be able to research and write content on any or all of the topics above.
Original Content & Licensing
I’m not looking for ezine articles or rehashes of articles that have been published on the ‘net previously. I am looking for original content writers and all articles will be checked for authenticity. I am not looking for PLR content or ghost writers. If you are not the creator of content and decide to quote another blogger or writer’s words, proper citation must be given (e.g. provide a link to the original source). You might want to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources ..
Generally, only use a portion or quote of the original article and do not replicate the entire article – for photos and videos, the same rules apply. If you aren’t the creator then proper citation must be provided and unless you have linked the video from YouTube or the like, you will need permission from the owner of the video or picture. Violation of this point will cause you to be either reprimanded or terminated .. and possibly you might be “put to the hounds” and flogged by pets around the world and the general blogging community if you are caught. For remuneration purposes, “word count” may be discounted and limited up to 50 words for quoted information for the entire article.
Blogger provides PetLvr.com and HART-Empire Network exclusive 1-year ONLINE publishing rights, and indefinite non-exclusive right thereafter. You will not repost this content onto any other blog you may own or write, and as content is supposed to be original, there should be no reproduction of content originally posted on any other blog you may own or write for. You are free to use the content OFFLINE in any manner you’d like. After the exclusive 1-year is up, you may republish any of the content as you’d like (in other blogs you may own or write for, eBooks, etc). PetLvr.com or the HART-Empire Network may republish in whole or in part at any time within the network to help promote the network or the individual PetLvr blog in question.
Author and Linkage
All articles written by the blogger will appear as articles written by the blogger, if published on the Blog. The current and future templates will always display the author associated with every post. Currently, bloggers will submit articles for review for submission. If the article, for some reason, is not published on the PetLvr blog, the blogger may use the article for any other purpose and the draft will deleted from the PetLvr database/dashboard. You will not be able to link to affiliated products or stores of your own from articles in our blog, although linking out is encouraged and may be to sites that link to affiliated products or stores of your own. If your post is under 300 words and designated as a Guest Authored post, you may link out to your website in the post.
Your very own Author “about” page will be created for each paid writer on board, and you may request to add links to your various blogging and writing ventures out on the ‘net.
HOW TO APPLY
Questions and Comments
If you are hired as an author – it is assumed that you have not only read everything on this page, but you agree and will abide by any listed and future listed terms and agreements listed on this page and URL http://PetLvr.com/blog/writers/wanted/ ..
Please direct your enquiries to HART, the owner of PetLvr.com which is part of the HART-Empire Network using the following:
* NOTE: For greater clarity of my thoughts, and additional information … see my discussion on BlogCatalog!